Novell netware and firmware

Diemmess 15:02 15 Mar 06

In the battle to swop hardware and replace a blown computer among my children and a g/child.......
The years old HP Vectra is truly dead....
Offer of more recent computer by her uncle for me to set up for her.
This one was relegated to spare, having been running W2K as part of a "hard wired" small network. My son has kept the original HD for an earlier accounting program he might need. Jammy I thought.

As a start I hoped to try her old HD in to see if I could fiddle with it before adding a larger HD with more than 6Gb!

At bootup it goes through the DOS screens and then gets upset because it announces Novel Netware firmware and can't find what it wants (on the HD)?

I can't see anything to change in BIOS but if I boot or rescue at this stage with a booting floppy and try to run windows it throws a blue screen with
"VFAT device initialistion failed" "..or system cannot be found........" "System halted"

How can I remove this lust for Novel etc and make it behave as a normal single PC?

Diemmess 19:40 17 Mar 06

Eventually by disabling LAN in the BIOS, Windows ceased asking for the software.

The "VFAT device initialistion failed" message still came up on the replacement box, but not on my own PC when in both cases they were the only HDs connected.

Oh well, it is history now the replacement PC has now a 2K system up and running with a replacement HD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…