Novell 3.12 Question

HighTower 15:34 01 May 03

I look after a network of several computers which connect to a Novell server (version 3.12). At the moment all 10 licence seats are full and I've been told that Novell no longer offer additional licences for 3.12.

Does anybody know if I would be able to purchase extra licences from anywhere and how I would set up the server? I'm afraid I don't really know a lot about Novell as I didn't set the system up all those years ago!

Thanks.

eccomputers 23:06 01 May 03

why dont you convince them to get up with the times and go for NT or something?
I'm sure that even if 3.12 isnt supported, Novell should sell you xtra licence keys. They are simple to install and come with full instructions. I remember using Novell way back in 1994 and Im sure the license keys came on a floppy disk.
Have you contacted Novell to ask?

HighTower 12:18 03 May 03

Hi, I'm kind of looking the same way as you - i.e. talking them into buying Windows 2000 server or something but I don't think they would go for the expense.

I went to the Novell website to try to find an email address or telephone number but couldn't find one - I think they prefer to deal through resellers. I'll have another look though.

Thanks again

HighTower 12:19 03 May 03

Just found one, didn't look very hard!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…