novatech ipod, how do I transfer mp3's?

Daxsimus 18:31 20 Feb 05

Hi, Purchased a novatech ipod mp3 player for my son. It came with intervideo winrip which I presume is to sort and upload your music to the player, but we have tried to load music to the player with no joy and no clear instructions included. Has anyone got any ideas how to do it? As I have one very unhappy son any help greatly welcome. Dax

Totally-braindead 18:59 20 Feb 05

Have a look at what I said to pete in this thread it about covers it, it sounds complicated but when you try it its a lot easier than it seems when you read it click here I'm presuming the Novatech ipod works in the same way as a flash MP3 player and that you get no MP3 creating software supplied with the machine. I can't say if this is the case as I've not got one yet but have been considering one for a while now.

Daxsimus 19:00 20 Feb 05

Sorry that should read novatech Npod. Anyway got the files loaded, but now the player has hung and wont turn off. Any ideas why this could be and what to do to get it working again?

Rogerfredo 19:02 20 Feb 05

Is it an Npod or an Ipod (apple)?
The Npod (Novatechs own) has a 20Gb hard drive which is supposed to be recognised by the system as an external drive. If this is the case (look in my computer), you can drag and drop files to it. I use Windows Media player 10 to rip cds into Wmas, and then transfer them.

Rogerfredo 19:04 20 Feb 05

There should be a tiny hole which is used to reset the system (using a suitable wire paper clip etc)if it hangs.

Daxsimus 19:08 20 Feb 05

Great thanks. (why didn't I think of that?) Thanks to all for the advice, hopefully will have a happy son again. Dax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…