Noton internet security 2004

Proxy worm 17:49 03 Oct 03

i was thinking of buying Noton internet security 2004? is it worth buying?
thanks

hoverman 18:15 03 Oct 03

My opinion is yes. No doubt others will advise you to download the free ones - AVG and Zone Alarm etc - but I have always used NIS with no problems at all.

sdf 18:35 03 Oct 03

I know there are many on this forum who disagree and would advise downloading a free one but personally I swear by norton. I would go with it, though 2004 not sure about with activation, 2003 is better as I use it on a 5 of machines (all owned by me - liscence infringement I know but I can only use 1 machine at a time, so I dont see I should by a new copy for each machine. 1 per household I agree with but...) anyway, stick with norton

S5W 19:33 03 Oct 03

Is it worth buying? That's a question for you to answer. I installed it about a week ago: it works and frees me to get on with my job without hindrance. Auto live update is a help.

Jester2K II 19:41 03 Oct 03

Proxy worm - I've met just as many people who AT Norton products as swear BY Norton products (i fall into the former group)

If you want a reputable piece of software with support from the manufacturer at a price - Go "Norton".

If you want software that does the job, is unsupported by the manufacturer (but supported by the people in PCA forum) and doesn't integrate itself too deeply into your PC then go the freeware route.

At the end of the day the choice is yours...

-pops- 19:45 03 Oct 03

Norton products are probably the subject of more threads on this forum than any other software - almost always complaints of malfunction in one way or another.

Jester2K II 19:49 03 Oct 03

Proxy worm - I've met just as many people who swear AT Norton products as swear BY Norton products (i fall into the former group)

I'll also agree with pops here - its incredible the number of Norton related threads here compared to the likes of AVG etc

VoG II 19:52 03 Oct 03

Apart from KaZaa, AOL maybe and, erm, Windows!

R4 19:56 03 Oct 03

NIS is great; I definately recommend it.

-pops- 19:59 03 Oct 03

I've not counted but I have a feeling that Norton comes above Kazaa and AOL. Windows, well that goes without saying. Let's put Windows in a slightly different category and call it an operating system rather than just software. After all, if it weren't for Windows this forum wouldn't be here.<;-))

VoG II 20:07 03 Oct 03

Just being nit-picking, -pops- !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…