Notification of New mail in Outlook Express

Yimbo 00:08 03 Oct 04

Whilst doing other things on my computer, is there any way that Outlook Express can flag up the arrival of new mail without me actually having to access the site? Incredimail has a cute little dog that appears - has O E anything similar(not necessarily canine)?

Djohn 00:16 03 Oct 04

Leave it open but minimised to the taskbar. Set it to check for new mail every minute or so and sound a warning. [System sound] or one of your own.

Each time a new mail comes through the Icon on the taskbar will flash on and off with a sound played as well.

There is a little application that will place it in the notification area instead of the taskbar, can't remember where it is at the mo but others will and give you the answer.

whybe 00:32 03 Oct 04

If OE is set to pole for mail every so often I think it automatically places the OE icon in the system tray when mail arrives.

THE TERMINATOR 01:00 03 Oct 04

If you open Outlook Express and minimise it, an Icon will appear in the system tray telling you of nrw mail in your inbox. OE will check for new mail in a time period that you specify, in OE click on Tools menu and Options, and on the general tab you can enable this feature and time....TT

Djohn 01:07 03 Oct 04

Thanks for the info on that. Not seen it myself yet but have seen the Icon that is minimised to the taskbar flash on and off, must send myself an email to see what happens.

Our friend VoG told me of the application to permanently put the Icon in the notification area [System tray] but I can't find the file in my documents, it will most likely be in my back up copy on the slave drive. :o(

powerless 02:13 03 Oct 04
  VoG II 08:53 03 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…