Notification of new e-mails

Submariner1967 09:56 10 Nov 10

Is there any way of setting my Pc to let me know if I have new e-mails if I am not actually using it?
I just wondered that when I am using my Pc for any other purpose such as browsing the web or even just playing Spider(Sad yes I know) there could be some kind of icon that could come up on the screen telling me that I have new e-mails?
Many thanks
Graham

Nontek 10:22 10 Nov 10

If you are using Incredimail, yes, it does have visual and audio email notifications, with a choice of fun notifiers -

'Submariner, hmmm - one of my favourite notifiers was a Yellow Submarine popping up, with a jolly jack saying 'E-mail' .....

I believe O.E. and Live Mail also have a similar notifier method, but not completely sure as I never use either.

Woolwell 10:49 10 Nov 10

Which e-mail client are you using?

Submariner1967 10:58 10 Nov 10

Hi Woolwell,
I use bt/yahoo

Woolwell 11:12 10 Nov 10

Are you reading your e-mails through your browser (webmail) or another program?
If through webmail then you cannot set an alert.

Cymro. 11:16 10 Nov 10

click here
There are others to be found on the Internet.

Submariner1967 15:18 10 Nov 10

Hi Woolwell,
To read my e-mails, I first have to log on using my password and then open up my e-mail home page on Bt Yahoo.

Woolwell 16:16 10 Nov 10

You are using webmail. Cymro's answer may help but otherwise your pc has no way of knowing that a new e-mail has arrived.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…