nothing works

morganpat 18:45 17 Jan 09

i have a medion computer running vista basic
i downloaded an ran a disk cleaning program off open source it said 2 files will be deleted on reboot . now nothing works i switch it on only the fan whirrs cant switch it off by the power button nothing other than the cooling fan works downloaded the help sheets from medion on another computer cant get into anything as nothing appears on screen any answer would be welcome thanks

Diemmess 18:50 17 Jan 09

This is not a software problem, otherwise it would go as far as attempting to load windows and then stop.

My best guess is that the power supply unit has bought it.

If the monitor shows nothing whatever on the screen, no beeps or other noises this tends to support my guess.

morganpat 19:21 17 Jan 09

thanks the only thing that comes on screen is
"no imput signal"

birdface 19:32 17 Jan 09

Try tapping F8 as the computer starts and see if it starts in safe mode.Doubt full but you never know.If so a system restore maybe.

morganpat 19:36 17 Jan 09

done that tried connecting a floppy to reinstal everything nothing seems to be recognised thanks for your time i`ll put it down to experience or lack of it an not use downloaded programmes i

morganpat 19:37 17 Jan 09

done that tried connecting a floppy to reinstal everything nothing seems to be recognised thanks for your time i`ll put it down to experience or lack of it an not use downloaded programmes i dont really understand

sharpamat 20:07 17 Jan 09

Have you ttyed boot with your support and appliance Cd in the drive. You should get the option to boot from CD If you dont as also stated its more than likeley to be the PSU.

If it does boot from CD normally with Medion you can get the option to sestore to factory settings which will lose any other items you have installed and any saved files.

As long as the files it removed were not those needed ( it used to be the retten Folder ) then you may have problems restoreing

morganpat 12:04 18 Jan 09

thanks for all your help people i`ll mark as resolved disassemble renew and rebuild thanks again

thms 14:42 18 Jan 09

Try resetting cmos by using the jumper or by removing the battery. If this doesn't work it may be as Diemmess says and your psu is suspect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 18 Jan 09

Unplug all usb devices make sure all drives are empty of disks. then reboot

woodchip 14:50 18 Jan 09

As above you may have got away with just needing a new PSU, but it could have taken the MOBO CPU and more with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac