//some 3rd party need geo

Notebook Touchpad

Cesar 09:58 14 Sep 03

Is there any way to disable the touchpad on my laptop as i prefer the mouse, I am using XP Home

JIM 10:52 14 Sep 03

May help to post make of laptop,

This fix was created for laptops in windows xp when using a PS/2 wheel mouse for a problem.You may be using a usb mouse but the method should disable Touchpad which is what you require?
Create restore point if you decide to use incase
reversing is forgoten(you could copy/print for to reverse off).

click here;en-us;282753

click here;EN-US;225810

How to Create a Hardware Profile

NOTE: The modem should be active in each hardware profile for dial-in or dial-out connectivity.

1/ Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

2/Click Hardware, and then click Hardware Profiles. Note that under Available Hardware Profiles, either the Docked Profile or the Undocked Profile (Current) profile is selected.

3/ Click Copy, type a profile name such as Out of Office, and then click OK.

4/Click the Out of Office profile, click Properties, click to select the This is a portable computer check box, and then click to select the best description for the profile. In this case, click The computer is undocked.

5/If you want to be able to choose this profile when the computer starts, click to select the Always include this profile as an option when Windows starts check box.

NOTE: This is how you can configure your computer to enable you to choose either the "Docked Profile", "Undocked Profile" or the "Out of Office" profiles when you start your computer.

6/Click OK, click the Docked Profile or the Undocked Profile (Current) profile, and then click Rename. Type a name such as In Office, and then click OK. The available list shows the "In Office" and the "Out of Office" profiles. Click OK, and then restart your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…