NOTEBOOK NAME AND SPEC etc

moosep85 16:46 19 Aug 04

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO FIND OUT THE MAKE AND MODEL OF MY NOTEBOOK. I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL SOME MORE MEMORY, HOWEVER TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS I REQUIRE TO KNOW THE MAKE, MODEL ETC. I HAVE BELARC ADVISOR INSTALLED BUT THIS DOES NOT TELL ME (I THINK)THE INFORMATION REQUIRED BY CRUCIAL TO PURCHASE MORE MEMORY. I HAVE SEEN A PHOTO OF THIS NOTEBOOK IN ISSUE 107 OF PC ADVISOR PAGE 54, HOWEVER MY SPEC IS NOT THE SAME EG Intel Corporation Sheeks - Northwood/Brookdale Customer Reference Board Revision A0
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation Sheeks - Northwood/Brookdale Customer Reference Board
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD SHE845M0.86C.0013.D.0302131307 01/01/92
Drives Memory Modules c,d
30.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
20.67 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
HITACHI_DK23EA-30 [Hard drive] (30.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 7L3014, rev 00K4A0A2, SMART Status: Healthy 256 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'J6A' has 256 MB
Slot 'J7A' is Empty
THE ONE IN PC ADVISOR IS A ROCK EXTREME, I HAVE HAD MY NOTEBOOK FOR 10 MONTHS OR MORE, IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ONE IN THE PICTURE, BUT LOWER SPEC, AJP ALSO DO EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL, I AM VERY CONFUSED AS TO WHAT MAKE, MODEL ETC THAT I HAVE, THERE IS NO WRITING ETC ANYWHERE TO GIVE ME ANY IDEA TO MAKE ETC
ANY SUGGESTIONS MUCH APPRECIATED

Valvegrid 16:51 19 Aug 04

Everest is a bit more comprehensive than Belarc, but I'm not sure if it will give you the necessary info though, suppose its worth a try.

click here

accord 17:14 19 Aug 04

on the underside of your laptop is a cover which when opened will show you RAM. On the RAM should be a label with details of speed ie PC2700 and size ie 256MB. With this info you just need to match it like for like. Note that a notebook module has fewer pins than a desktop module.

woodchip 17:16 19 Aug 04

Check the S/N number on the bottom of the laptop also Model number

Raywood 17:35 19 Aug 04

Look on the underside of the notebook. It should have a label with 'Model: Dxxx'. I think you may find that your notebook is a Clevo D500 series. - Try click here This is the home page. You should be able to find all the original specs at this address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…