Notebook Minimum Specs

Stevie D 13:53 14 Aug 03

Hello,

I'm contemplating buying my first notebook pc and although I would like to keeps costs down by not paying for extras that I don't need - I would like the machine to last me a few years.

It should have enough power to comfotably run Windows XP, Office XP, Photoshop/paintshop Pro, SQL Server 2000 (Development edition for product demonstrations only rather than as a fully working database server), Some form of voice recognition software, Normal Internet access and very, very occasionally access through a mobile phone.

It will mainly be a desktop replacement but will be mobile about 25% with about 10% useage on a train/plane etc.

When comparing prices, can somebody recommend the minimum features that I should be looking for to get reasonable performance?

Thanks,

Steve.

hugh-265156 14:30 14 Aug 03

i dont know much about laptops but why not have a look click here

crimbo 14:51 14 Aug 03

Look for one of the new Centrino laptops for decent battery life, and also wireless networking.
click here These guy's prices are reasonable with decent aftersales service. Regards, Kevin

anchor 15:05 14 Aug 03

Have a look at this Toshiba Centrino model:

click here

full spec:

click here

anchor 15:07 14 Aug 03

Sorry the link to full spec: does not work for some reason.

On the first link page just click on "product spec"

Jester2K II 15:10 14 Aug 03

Every month PCA magazine caries the reviews and tell you what to look for...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…