notebook gone mental & can't find my sky wireless

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 18:03 17 Jan 11

Hi all

A couple of issues.

I bought a notebook off ebay, that had been bought in currys in feb 10, however sereen started to flash through the primary colors then to gray, and now is just displaying a gray screen.

I rang currys who were alluding to saying the original purchacer has to take return it if something is wrong. I told him I have the original receipt from them and my recipt, but he was just saying I shold get the bloke I bought it from to contact currys and inform them of the sale to me. This all sounds crazy, so I am going to take it, with both receipts to a local Currys and demand they repair it. But this leads to a few questions...

Are they right in that the original purchacer need to return it to the store?

Has anyone any idea why the notepad would suddenly start doing this, as if currys don't repair it I would like some idea of what could be wrong before I take it for independant repair.

additionally...Given my need for one I have purchased another, however I can't connect wirelessly.

I have plugged in cable that is allowing me to communicate this to you, but it is telling me there are no wireless connections in range, depite having a BT wireless router.

I have conected via the lead, and reset the modem, but still nothing.

Cheers

Paul

windows xp on this notepad, but other is running windows 7

northumbria61 13:00 18 Jan 11

May be obvious - Check that if there is a switch on your laptop that turns on/off the wireless card it is turned ON.

northumbria61 13:02 18 Jan 11

I can't comment on Currys but "armed" with receipts I think maybe you should be okay especially meeting them "face to face" - what more proof do they need.

northumbria61 13:13 18 Jan 11

Also with regards to "wireless" - have a look in Device Manager under Network Adapters - right click and choose "properties" - right click your adapter and select "update driver software" - also check in "Administrative Tools" then "Services" to see that WLAN is "started" ( you could go to this by going to - start - run - type in "services.msc" without quotes)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced