Note for people on the NTL 1MB BB

BRYNIT 17:23 01 Oct 06

If you were on the NTL 1MB BB and have not got the 2MB speed yet try unplugging the modem for a few minutes and plug back in. This will reset the modem and hopefuly get you up to speed.

birdface 19:35 01 Oct 06

Thanks for the info Brynit,Did not know that i was on 2MB till I downloaded a speed test program Yesterday from one of the other threads, You would have thought NTL would have told us.

Wak 20:38 01 Oct 06

Hi Brynit, Thanks for the info.
I'm still on 1MB (according to the speed test) but it's on cable through the set top box.
Does the 2MB only apply to those with separate modems??? Any ideas??

OneInAMillion 21:09 01 Oct 06

I noticed on my bill that NTL had upgraded my service from 1Mb/s to 2Mb/s. I still measured 1Mb/s.

I complained to NTL. They emailed me a list of standard things to try which had no effect. I complained again but they assured me that the 2Mb/s configuration had been done and the problem was mine. Three days later my service was miraculously working at 2Mb/s.

Don't be fobbed-of by NTL.

BRYNIT 22:33 01 Oct 06

Wak

As far as I know you should be on 2MB even with a set top box. You could alway phone NTL Broad Band Technical support from Monday 2/10/06 the Number will be 151 and is free

Personally I would request a modem. If the box completely failed you would loose TV and BB.

Arnie 22:58 01 Oct 06

"You would have thought NTL would have told us"

NTL notified me with a letter in my monthly bill.
I was upgraded a few days ago.

woodchip 23:41 01 Oct 06

What about NTL/BT line does it apply to that

Wak 08:43 02 Oct 06

Thanks for that. I'll give them a couple of days and then complain.
(It could take a couple of days to get through on the phone anyway!!!!)
Wak.

pj123 10:05 02 Oct 06

It depends on which Set top box you have.

Mine will only go up to 1mb maximum. NTL told me they would have to replace the box with a later one. I didn't want all that messing around so I opted for a standalone Modem. The engineer arrived a couple of days later and installed the modem and now I am upgraded to 4mb for the same monthly fee, £24.99.

birdface 11:56 02 Oct 06

Hi pj123, If you have only been getting 1mb, You should only have been paying £17.99. So they have been overcharging you since you got it Delivered,Don't fancy your chance's of getting a refund.

March Hare 12:03 02 Oct 06

Thanks for the info. Just checked mine and it's 1.96Mb. (£17.99)
Didn't have to unplug the modem first, but it is powered down every night

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…