Note Pad

the golfer 22:01 23 Dec 05

I recently did a clean instal on Win ME. Somehow my OE Inbox ended up on a file that opens in note pad. I now have no record of my inbox emails. Is there any way I can reinstall them?

VoG II 22:03 23 Dec 05

If you did a clean install everything would have been wiped.

How did you save then restore your OE files?

the golfer 22:17 23 Dec 05

I used Argentum Backup 1.9 which was in the august issue of PC Advisor but can't find any way to reinstall them. The inbox emails are the only thing that is missing on the computer, everything else is still there.

VoG II 22:39 23 Dec 05

Search for *.dbx and note where they are.

Open OE, File|Import, browse to the folder where the .dbx files are, follow the prompts.

the golfer 10:13 24 Dec 05

I searched for the *.dbx files and they are there but only on Note Pad. Can I reinstall from Argentum 1.9. In Note Pad it appears to be "gobbledegook", like algebra words.

Skyver 10:19 24 Dec 05

You need to import the files into OE, as VoG™ described - it doesn't matter if you can't see the *.dbx files themselves when importing, just find the correct folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…