not a valid win32 application (quick time)

bludywoman 10:59 14 Feb 05

Hi - I know there are plenty of threads with the above title, have read many, and see there are lots of solutions including repeated retry of download. I have an information/learning disc that I really need access to. It has Quick Time 5 on it, but it wont install, it has zipmagic, but when I go to open it, it starts off as though it is going to unzip - does nothing, and then closes.....so I got smart, (well for me anyway!!)..and downloaded QT off the QT site. However, when I go to run this, it gives me the 'not a valid win32 applicaton' message. My system is XP, P3, 256mb (low - I know)...I have NAV, ccleaner, spybot, the usuals, I have even gone into regedit adn checked the hotkey had the default value of exefile.....Any answers gratefully accepted....as this is frustrating the hell out of me......:O/

bludywoman 12:07 14 Feb 05

.......also, on the said disk, I keep getting 'not responding'....when I click on it. I can access some of the files through windows media player, but this doesn't enable me to follow the course in teh correct order!....!

bludywoman 12:16 14 Feb 05

....also getting rundll32.exe messages also....hmph!...now I really have the hump!

AndySD 12:32 14 Feb 05

Ok first try upating your virus checker and doing a complete scan. Also dpwnload and run Adaware click here

Then if you have the full xp cd and not a restore disk, place the cd in the drice and close the window that opens. Now go Start Run type in

cmd

and click OK

In the command prompt type

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

bludywoman 13:11 14 Feb 05

HI - AndySD, I did a full upto date system scan dbug ccleaner dfrag etc a few days ago in an attempt to alleviate the problem, and it obviously hasn't helped......with the xp disks though, a friend put xp on my system for me, ME came with my system but kept crashing, my intention is to shortly buy a new system with xp on it, and run the old system for the kids, Only reason I havent restored system to ME is because the new printer I just bought is only supported by XP!......so no original disks!....any other suggestions!

AndySD 13:48 14 Feb 05

click here does this help?

bludywoman 16:06 14 Feb 05

....the quick time I have (or that is on the disk) is QT 5 and/or QT6.5......does this matter?..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…