not a valid win32 application

mogwai 01:09 14 Feb 03

I have a file that comes up with the error msg 'not a valid win32 application' when I try opening it, I believe this means Im running a different OS to the one the file was written for, I have Windows ME, is there anything I can do to allow me to open this file? (its a .exe file by the way)

Gongoozler 10:28 14 Feb 03

mogwai, you are right. The message is telling you that the program was written for an older version of Windows, and will not work with your ME. Unless someone makes 16bit emulation software, the only other solution I can think of is to make your computer dual boot (both Windows ME and an earlier version of Windows).

mogwai 11:18 14 Feb 03

Is this the last word on this? any other ideas? If not Ill mark this resolved.

davidg_richmond 11:24 14 Feb 03

could try dos?

its a long shot, but you could try getting into dos before windows starts (using a startup disk is best) and see if it will run from there

mogwai 11:34 14 Feb 03

Im not too hot on DOS how do I run the program from there? Its on my hard drive at the mo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…