not a valid win32 application

audeal 16:27 26 Jun 07

I am spending a few days with my sister in London and she is having trouble opening her photo files on her hard drive and also on her Photo CD's.

When she opens a picture file she gets an error saying "All of us.jpg is not a valid win32 application". But when she right clicks on a picture file and selects Preview then the picture will open in windows picture and fax viewer.

Can anyone please tell us how to overcome this problem. I have done a search on here and can find nothing about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Audeal

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 26 Jun 07

Not a valid win32 Application click here

Press Man 16:47 26 Jun 07

If the pictures are trying to be opened by a photo editing programme such as Adobe Photoshop etc, then it may be that the programme is corrupted. Try uninstalling the programme and then reinstall it. Also run an anti virus scan just to be on the safe side.

audeal 16:55 26 Jun 07

Thanks for your responses. I have now sorted it out. It crossed my mind that the files may not be associated with any program so I right clicked on one of the files and selected "open with" and then selected the windows picture and fax program and put a tick in the tick box and it opened OK. They are all opening up now without any problems.

Thanks for your help. Audeal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now