not a valid win32 application

Satmansq 09:05 22 Apr 06

My nephew has encountered this message when he has tried to load a couple of games using the dvd player on his machine.Any idea what may be causing it? Thanks to all those looking at this item in the hope of giving an answer, those that dont post a reply rarely get thanks.

martd77 09:21 22 Apr 06

sometimes this is down to corrupt data and corrupt installation files,if your installing from a cd clean the disc then try again,ive had this problem before with the cd not been read correctly,some cd and dvd players are a bit picky with dirty discs,pioneer and lite on spring to mind.

Eric half-a-bee 10:07 22 Apr 06

It might not be the dosk - i've got some old games that have a similar reponse - if it's an older game try Googling onthe name and the error message.

bebo 10:26 22 Apr 06

i had this problem with hardware i had change from windows 98se to windows xp pro and i had to go to the web site and download new drives for xp

BRYNIT 10:50 22 Apr 06

Found this in the Microsoft help page click here it may help.

Satmansq 10:55 22 Apr 06

Thanks for the suggestions but the games that have caused problems are brand new games,from ea games, i believe. Battle for Middle Earth 2 on DVD, bought only last week, PC is up to spec, running up to date XP. Will be visiting later and will try cleaning laser, had similar problems which proved to be drive but was hoping it would just be software problem, was hoping to have options to try and repair fault whilst there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:10 22 Apr 06

Not a valid win32 Application
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…