not a valid win32 application

Mike Mills 08:10 07 Feb 04

Can anyone advise why a game I can still play on any PC running windows 98 can't be played on my pc running windows XP Home. I have tried compatability modes (all of them!) just cant get the game to work. I get the thread title as the displayed error message. Any advice greatfully received.

Diodorus Siculus 08:16 07 Feb 04

Are there any patches for the game available that may allow them to run on XP? Have you looked at the manufacturer site for some info re. XP?

Gongoozler 08:26 07 Feb 04

Hi Mike. Is the game one of those referred to in this Microsoft article click here;en-us;315589

http: // support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315589

Mike Mills 12:18 07 Feb 04

Checked the website of the game manufacturer, no patch available. The link provided above is not available at the moment! Looks like i'll have to wait a little longer to play Rainbow Six again. The children had better find me an alternative game to play!! hahaha

Mike Mills 07:47 14 Feb 04

Finally found R6104UK.exe patch on a 3rd party website, downloaded, no difference!
Any other ideas on how to resurrect my fav old game?
Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…