Not usual antivirus question

BigMan24 09:59 28 Feb 05

Hi guys,

My situation has recently changed and I'm now connecting to the internet through a network. I had to set up proxies so I can get my browser to connect to the internet. Also have to set them up for connecting to MSN. But I was trying to do a virus/adware scan the other day, and found that I can't update my definitions which is quite worrying.

Does anyone know how (or if its possible) to configure Norton AntiVirus and Ad-Aware SE to set up proxies so that they can update the definitions?

Thanks a lot guys.

ventanas 10:20 28 Feb 05

Provided you have set up your proxy correctly in the LAN settings of Internet Options in Control Panel, and have no problems connecting, again in Control Panel open Symantec Live Update. Click the HTTP tab and selct the option "I want to use my Internet Options HTTP setting"

There is also an option in Adaware to enter proxy settings, but I don't have it on this computer. Have a hunt around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…