Not Uninstalling NPF 2004!!!

karl_a 21:44 27 Sep 05

Hello PC Advisor Forums,

I have got Symantec's Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier and Norton Personal Firewall 2004 installed on my computer. I recently decided to go for an upgrade to NPF '04 so I bought 2005. When trying to uninstall the 2004 version i got an error but now I have forgotten it. I have just looked it up in the (XP Home Edition SP2) event viewer. It says "Product: Norton Personal Firewall -- Error 1606. Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\Recent\."

Now, after clicking ignore to each one of these as Symantec documents say, Norton Personal Firewall 2004 has disappeared from the Add/Remove Programs. Installing NPF 2005 doesn't work either because of the error. Please could someone help me, please?!

By the way, NPF 2004 still runs in the background, having uninstalled NOTHING!!!

Many Thanks,
Karl Armson.

VoG II 22:00 27 Sep 05

Run click here= then try again.

karl_a 18:13 30 Sep 05

I did as you said but somehow it wouldnt let me install Norton after doing so. I just cleared out my computer and started again...

THanks for the help,
Karl Armson.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…