Not sure what I have done here. CD-Rom drive probs

tkidcharlemagne 21:27 06 Oct 04

Just received my new system today. Everything working fine. Installed Doom3, plays perfectly. Then I open the case up, put in the modem. Now I get the warning upon start up CPU changed. The CD Rom drive does not work. Under My computer it has disappeared. Can't see it on my device manager either. Yes I am not too technically minded. Can anyone help me here...please

TomJerry 21:44 06 Oct 04

check it

tkidcharlemagne 21:46 06 Oct 04

While I put in the modem? I don't think so. Will check though. The d drive has just disappeared from my computer but the bay opens and the light comes on. But that's it.

tkidcharlemagne 22:04 06 Oct 04

On start up I get :
WARNING CPU has been changed
Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit!

My cd rom drive is not working, floppy is working.

In basic CMOS I get
drive b None
floppy 3 mode support disabled
Halt on All errors

Any tips here gratefully received

paddy75 10:29 07 Oct 04

Did you check the ribbon cable at both ends to see that it hasen't come loose?Paddy.

The_Gog 10:37 07 Oct 04

I agree with TomJerry it is easier to knock out or displace an IDE cable than a power cable, which would explain why the power is on and you can eject the drive, check the flat cable that plugs into the back of your CD drive and where it plugs into the board.

The_Gog 10:37 07 Oct 04

thats one thing...sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…