not sure if this is right forum but software help?

trialsriding 22:53 17 Mar 05

i've made a database in microsoft access for a college project and i have created a form for a main menu with command buttons to open forms etc, after i first made it it worked but now whenever i click the button i get this error
'the expression on click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occured while microsoft access was communicating with the OLE server or activeX control. * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or [event procedure] * there may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.
any help greatly appreciated thanks

sat481 23:32 17 Mar 05

Have you tried deleting the afore mentioned button and then recreating it... I've limited experience with Access, but on the problems I have had it is usually that Access doesn't like my button names, or the VB code has been buggered up. If you know any VB then check the code first and see what it is calling to cause such an error.

Sat

vinnyT 12:06 18 Mar 05

Try this website, I got it by goggling your prob.

click here

It's a site for Access, the link goes to the access forum.

Not used the prog for ages, but at a guess, I would say you may be missing references/links to that button.

Sorry if that was a simplistic answer, but maybe the website will be able to help.

Completealias 12:21 18 Mar 05

I'd go with removing the button and then place it again with whatever function it was designed for.

What may of happened is you created the button and function and then changed something that the button had to do with resulting in the error.

You could also check the code as has been mentioned use the debug tools to step throught he code and see what causes the error

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:02 18 Mar 05

recreate a new button with a new event procedure to replace the previus button. I tend now to make all buttons start up a macro in preference to event procedures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…