Not sure about upgrading Processor.

Craigmave 00:30 30 Oct 03

hi there, i am wanting to upgrade my processor from AMD Athlon 1800XP to .... well something a bit more faster and better performance. My MB is K7S6A Award. I have 640MB or RAM, can anyone suggest the next step ?

Djohn 00:51 30 Oct 03

Think you may find that's the fastest CPU the board will recognise. If you have the latest BIOS update, then you can go to a 2400 or even a 2600 but of the Thoroughbred model and these are starting to be a little hard to get hold of now.

AMD have moved on to the Palomino core and higher.

I have the same board and did have the 1800xp CPU, just managed to upgrade to a 2400xp a couple of month back and it was hard to source the chip then. To be honest, I have not noticed any difference and think you will need to make an increase of at least double your present CPU to gain any advantage, but that will mean a new board as well.

click here and look under products for your board and under downloads for the BIOS up-dates. There are 2 versions of the board, and you will have to look at the board itself to see if it's a Ver. 1.0 or Ver. 1.1 Regards. j.

goonerbill 07:46 30 Oct 03

it all depends on mobo. heres two links to what could go into ya pc, its all depends on pcb and bios.

read carefully

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…