Not seen this one. Could be Virus ?

Giantsquid 18:40 03 Sep 05

Hello all,
Someone has asked me to take a look at his computer Win XP, a month ago a large banner type flashed up and proclaimed at start up "Your System is Infected with Spyware" and does this ever since, this large banner just sits there all the time, I went around and tried to get Ad Aware on the the case and Avast etc all the stuff to try and remove the bug but no luck, after downloading and trying to run the programe the message comes up "you do not have permission to install this on this computer"
and it does this with everything System restore, windows update, it keeps on giving the same message no matter what you try it will not allow anything to be opened yet BT Yahoo works fine as does the Internet.
I have tried to change users this make no diff,
I feel sure that the problem can be fixed if the proper software can be installed and run.

Anyone help with this one ?

Giantsquid.

johnnyrocker 18:50 03 Sep 05

what about trying safe mode?

johnny.

Giantsquid 18:54 03 Sep 05

Not tried yet no time to do so today, just told him I would try PC Advisor over the weekend,

GS

It sounds as though you have an infected computer.

Get him to download HijackThis from click here. Make a new directory called C:\HJT and place the exe file in that directory.

Now run the file by clicking on Scan. DO NOT ATTEMPT any self-medication as a lot of the entries that are shown are good, indeed essential elements. Instead choose to save a log file and then using copy and paste techniques, post it together with a description of his symptoms at a MalwareRemoval site

Try click here

HTH

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:29 03 Sep 05

Boot to safe mode log on using administrator log on and install Adaware etc.

stalion 20:35 03 Sep 05

also try spybot click here

p;3 20:57 03 Sep 05

if you do an HJT log please post it on click here which is the dedicated forum now for reading logs; I think you will have already been to that site to find the HJT program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…