not seeing raid drives

bic biro 17:28 17 May 08

i had to redo pc due to hard dive failure,got up and running ok but i cant get windows to recognise the 2 drives i had on a raid card,xp sees it under computer managment but explorer dosent,i seem to remember some key to press when booting,is it the f6 key to load the raid drivers,i already thought they would be there since i installed the software that came with the card?

crosstrainer 17:31 17 May 08

On installation of XP it asks you if you need to load a third party driver during installation. If you didn't do this then you are going to have to do another install.....Before you do, check that your RAID option is enabled in the BIOS.

bic biro 17:36 17 May 08

yes its enable in bios and online in the computer mamagement,also the program that runs and monitors the drives is up and running showing them ok,im sure theres a way to get windows to recognize them,as i did it before just cant remember how

bic biro 23:35 18 May 08

ok got it working without having to reinstall,in computer management and disk management,tried changing it between basic drive and dynamic drive then reformating,still would not see it in explorer although could see it everywhere else, bios,diskmanagement,etc, turns out i think because it didn,t have a drive letter associated with it windows dont see it,just went into properties and assigned a new drive letter to it rebboted pc and its now there and working ok,solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos