Not Responding!!!

Fury3 20:19 04 Sep 03

I have a dell 8250 2.66GHz and 256 MB of RAM,broadband and a ton of antivirus/firewall sofware + music. It also says i've got 46.6GB of space left out of 55.8GB
However every single time i try to get on to the internet it takes about 10mins and then comes up with Not responding (hense the title) It also does this with other programs to (word,excel, etc.) I have had this comuter for about 5 months and it was running perfectly up until about a week ago. Also once the computer has the internet it works super fast again!
Is there anything i can do to solve this problem

help help help

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:25 04 Sep 03

'a ton of antivirus/firewall sofware + music'....if you have more than one AV and firewall you do not need them. Have you cleqaned all yout Temp, temp internet and cookie files? Failing that, get a disk with IE 6 on it and start to load it. get to the typical or customise choices and choose 'customise'. Tick everything EXCEPT languages and media player. IE6 will be freshly loaded without any loss of info.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…