not recognising mouse clicks - sometimes

DeeCee1669 01:16 28 Aug 03

This may or may not have anything to do with my problems but I've just installed a new modem in my son's P100.
Until recently it has been a wonderfully robust albeit slow system. Now it will not allow a new webpage to be opened on top of an existing one. Some web pages do not open when clicked upon. It will not allow web pages to be saved. It will not allow text to be pasted (it allows cut or copy) either from the web or bewteen Word documents. It says that the document is not registered.
It is running Windows 2000 and has 48 Mb ram. I know that the spec is not really adequate for the OS but it's been running well for years until now.
I've just spent 2 hrs reinstalling Windows 2000 but no change. Any ideas.

DeeCee

MichelleC 09:48 28 Aug 03

If 48mb isn't a typo that's probably where the prob lies. I don't know how w2k has managed to run as even w98 needs 64ram to work properly.

alcudia 09:52 28 Aug 03

MichelleC is right, can you please clarify your machine spec as I cannot see how you can run Win2000 on a P100 with 48mb ram. It would probably fail to install.

DeeCee1669 11:06 29 Aug 03

I've had Windows 2000 installed on it for over 2 years and only started experiencing these problems this week. It would seem however, that if I reboot it, everything works fine for a while. I guess I'll live with it just now. If the problem continues I'll bear in mind what you say and go back to Win 98. It's just annoying and puzzling how this has just happened after all this time.

-pops- 11:20 29 Aug 03

Remember also that rodents have a finite lifespan. If the mouse is as old as its associated computer it may just worn out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…