not receiving jpeg in email

oseven 10:29 14 Dec 05

Since switching to AVg free, I am not receiving photos in emails.I have tried sending from Hotmail and NTL to myself but each time the jpeg's I sent are not received.
What needs reseting please.

Gongoozler 10:36 14 Dec 05

This is usually caused by an Outlook Express security setting - Tools - Options - Security. Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

oseven 10:47 14 Dec 05

Tried that but it wasn't ticked.Have tried ticking and unticking just in case but no change,still cannot receive jpeg's.

Hamish 11:07 14 Dec 05

Try in OE Too;s, Options, Send and make sure there is a tick in HTML under mail send Format, then click HTML settings and check that there is a tick in Send Picture box. You have maybe tried this already but this will bump your post to the top

oseven 11:34 14 Dec 05

When I first posted this item I thought I was only having trouble receiving jpeg's,in fact all my mail was being received blank.Only the AVG message was being received to tell me the message had been scanned.Have switched off email scanning in AVG and can now send and receive all email.
Turned AVG back on again and all email is arriving blank.Have switched off scan and now working again.
Definately a problem with AVG>

Hamish 11:48 14 Dec 05

Try either an uninstall and reinstall of AVG and if that fails uninstall AVG and try click here which some say is better although I have never used it

oseven 14:25 14 Dec 05

Have reinstalled AVG.Now working perfectly.Must have been one of those funny glitches you get now and again for no apparent reason.Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5