Not really a problem

wky 15:21 24 Sep 05

Hello,

I have one little problem that is really rare but when it happens is quite annoying. Sometimes through the night I would start converting video or downloading some files and just leave it, most of the time it is fine.

On some occasions however, the hard drive locks, the light is constantly on and the mouse no longer responds, it is total freeze. This has only happened one or two times through the night only and not when I am using it.

So this does not really bother me greatly, does anyone know what is causing these total freezes?

Thanks

restless 15:33 24 Sep 05

I used to do that...gave up when paranoia kicked in!kept waking just to make sure it was still downloading.

Terry Brown 15:46 24 Sep 05

Have you overclocked the system ?

It sounds as if the system is either trying to use processing poower it can not sustain for long periods, or the data bus is not fast enough for the processor or memory

wky 15:48 24 Sep 05

nope haven't overclocked it at all. This is strange, maybe a strain on the hard drive is causing it to lock sometimes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…