//some 3rd party need geo

Not Quite Skype

portofcall 11:46 01 Dec 05

As I will be out of the country for a couple of months; I installed skype on laptop as well as home pc. So my question is this; can I call on skype laptop to skype pc on my aol service provider and connect on the call? If I am online at any one time won't my connection be interupted by someone logging on while I'm online(i.e.calling me on my skype number). Is it possible to use skype on the same line i.e. ISP to speak from laptop to home pc both installed with one skype address (or does that matter?). Actually, there's a lot of questions. Many thanks.

Chegs ®™ 12:02 01 Dec 05

I found Skype to be little more than a voice version of MSN Messenger(or any other messenger client)I installed it on my laptop,daughters desktop,my desktop and was able to phone each other PC from where-ever I could get a connection to the net.I would think that if both machines are using the same Skype account,then if your online abroad and the home PC "signs-in" to Skype,it will likely boot one of you off(same as MSN Messenger)Why not just setup a 2nd Skype account on one of the machines?

smudge101 12:09 01 Dec 05

I have set up 2 skype accounts and can call one computer from the other whilst both are using the same internet connection.
Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…