not printing in word or note padbut test print ok?

davro 16:24 30 Jan 05

i have adell dimension with h.p. deskjet 840c problem is i canot print any documents in word or notepad but can print a test page ok and pages from the web also i have a template in word saved which prints ok very strange? anyone got any ideas Thanks.

Djohn 16:29 30 Jan 05

When you press on the print Icon do you get any message on screen at all to say why its not printing and have you had a look in the print queue from printer properties to see if the document has been sent through to there?

Djohn 17:28 30 Jan 05

when i try to print in word printer icon comes up in tray but then dissappears the printer sounds like its printing but it does not come out no messages of any problem appears. Printer is working as i can print test page any clues.

I have replied direct to davro with a couple of suggestions. Below is a copy of my reply.

==================================================

Hi Davro,

I'll put your reply back in the thread in PCA forum so that others can see and advise. Please feel free to contact me direct at any time but if we keep the problem in the forum we will have many more people see what has been tried, also we may have some members who have the same printer and have come across the same problem.

Can you reply to your thread please and let us know the type of connection you use to the printer, is it USB or parallel cable? If the printer is printing a test page OK then it seems that for some reason the software is causing a problem, IE: the drivers for the printer may need removing and replacing or updating.

Have you tried right clicking on the printer, selecting properties and looked at the print queue to see if the documents are there. If so it may just be a corrupt file and highlighting each of the documents in the queue then deleting them might get the printer to work again.

Regards.Djohn

davro 20:13 30 Jan 05

printer is a h.p. deskjet 840c connected by usb ican print test page and print from microsoft works but cannot print from word problem has only happened in the last month, when i try to print from word the printer icon appears in tray but when i go to click on icon it dissapears?

VoG II 20:15 30 Jan 05

From memory, if you click the printer icon at the bottom of the window in Word it cancels the print job.

How long are you leaving it to print?

davro 20:52 30 Jan 05

cant click on printer icon as it dissapears when i go to click on it

VoG II 20:59 30 Jan 05

Which versions of Word and Windows are you using? Try click here for a stert.

Charence 21:05 30 Jan 05

about a month ago with my HP R45 printer which I'd moved to a new computer and installed. The test pages came out fine! But printing from from programs did not work.

My resolution? I attempted to search HP's site for a driver, but was unsuccesful and ended up downloading some image editing software instead.

I did manage to solve the problem by installing the printer without letting the Add Hardware Wizard look for it automatically. I told the wizard where it was and chose the printer model myself, this solved the problem.

Try and install it again and don't let it look for it automatically.

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…