not printing black but ink levels ok

swd 19:35 03 Feb 04

I printed a web page but only the coloured bits came out; the black writing didn't print! I know there is black ink as levels are half full. It does print pages from internet or word which are in black only! OS= XP home, printer=lexmark Z45.
any suggestions? Please keep it simple,this is new to me-ta

Belatucadrus 19:44 03 Feb 04

What web page ?

swd 19:48 03 Feb 04

any internet sites it seems.Its just happened in last few days with no problems before!

R4 20:04 03 Feb 04

Clean the cartridge

Belatucadrus 20:10 03 Feb 04

Try File/Print Preview you should get three windows with dropdown menus in the toolbar. The third should have options like "As laid out on screen","Only the selected frame" & "All the frames individually". Make sure the selected option is "As laid out on screen" and it should print everything.

swd 20:43 03 Feb 04

I've cleaned the cartridge- still no luck. I've clicked file, print preview and the only drop down menu on toolbar shows a % sign for size or page width, whole page or two pages options. the coloured printing does look quite faint and the black is still non existent.

TommyRed 21:02 03 Feb 04

When was the last time you printed black and are the cartridges original or compatible? The reason I ask is I've had black compatible dry out when not used for some time and I've also read on here similar stories. HTH TR

swd 21:06 03 Feb 04

It gets used every other day.I know it does print black(although fainty but readable)cos it will print a document but if there is colour on the page it just prints the colour bit.

Indigo 1 21:09 03 Feb 04

Tried updating printer drivers ?

swd 21:16 03 Feb 04

do I just go to Lexmarks website for this?

Indigo 1 22:34 03 Feb 04

There are many driver update sites but that would be a good place to start.

Or try click here

Or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now