This not PC related but thought most would have a go

woodchip 19:11 PM 16 Feb 13
Answered

As there are more on hear than other forum possible more than Speakers Corner most likely.

Just bought a Omega Second-hand watch today a SeaMaster Devill Chronometer. Halon Valve button missing but do not know what the two buttons do either side of the winder button, Any Ideas as it work well and vave button is only for if you go deep sea diving, don't think that will come about at any time soon.

Yes Before you all start Shouting at me, I know its a PC Help Room, but I think I have a few friends on hear

chub_tor 19:20 PM 16 Feb 13

What are the functions of the pushbuttons on a chronograph?

The push buttons serve to start or stop the function, and to reset the chronograph. Generally, the push button at 2 o'clock is to start and stop the chronograph function.

There are some chronographs with mono-pusher as well in the OMEGA collection

Quotation taken from Omega Support website does this help?

woodchip 19:29 PM 16 Feb 13

Will have a look but they do not seem to do anything, it as also got three extra dials on it

woodchip 19:49 PM 16 Feb 13

Looks like the buttons are duff and it needs looking at, but its a screw back so cannot get to see the number inside it

bumpkin 23:23 PM 16 Feb 13

You can unscrew the back with a pair of long nosed pointed pliers if you are careful, put a bit of insulating tape over the points so that if you slip you don't scratch it. Nice watch and worth a few bob anyway.

Forum Editor 23:44 PM 16 Feb 13

Normally the push-buttons are there to stop and start the timing dials, as chub_tor has said. Without them it's just a watch, albeit a very nice one indeed, so it would be worth getting someone to quote you for a repair.

Graham* 00:48 AM 17 Feb 13

Your local people to ask are H.L Brown in Sheffield.

I have an Omega watch, I tried to save money by changing the battery myself. It went haywire and Browns had to send it to Switzerland for a service. Cost me £255.

So enjoy it, get Browns to change the battery, and don't mess with it.

woodchip 17:15 PM 17 Feb 13

This one is Automatic, Wind it if its been stood for some time to start and set it. What wood it fetch if repaired. Number on Back is 999/655

woodchip 17:17 PM 17 Feb 13

would not wood, I am getting too old to think

bumpkin 17:43 PM 17 Feb 13

woodchip, difficult to say as can't see it. I know it is worth quite a bit. Your best bet would be to have it looked by someone who knows more than we do i.e. the jeweller suggested earlier or put it in a good auction, depends what you paid for it also.

woodchip 17:47 PM 17 Feb 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…