Not a PC Question!

denali 09:18 10 Mar 03

I realize I am probably breaking the rules by asking a non PC related question But it seems every type of question posted on the site garners some kind of responce.
I have numerous old 12inch LP records and wish to transfer them to CDs (or even cassettes) anyone with any ideas?

JoeC 09:20 10 Mar 03

type vinyl into the search box you should get two hits to have a look at. : }

Legolas 10:27 10 Mar 03

If you are transferring your vinyl to cd-r you will of course need to use a PC so it is a PC related question, if you decide to go ahead then this site gives you a tutorial on how to do it click here

Legolas 10:29 10 Mar 03

This one might be clearer click here

Legolas 10:33 10 Mar 03

And another one click here

davidg_richmond 10:36 10 Mar 03

does your record deck have phono (red or white) out? or does it have a ribbon for a particular hifi? if it has phono, get a phono-to-3.5mm jack so that it will feed directly into the line-in on the PC. then record the music with CakeWalk MP3 & CD (or something similar) which is about £40 from PC World. you can then burn straight to CD

denali 09:27 11 Mar 03

Thanks a lot legolas! excellent help. Just to prove my naivetie, what is a preamp?

Belatucadrus 13:16 11 Mar 03

click here for an example, a preamp is a power booster to amplify the signal from the turntable to lower power setups like midi systems.

Legolas 13:49 11 Mar 03

Glad to be of help denali. I have never transferred vinly to CD only tapes to CD so let us know how you got on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…