not a pc question

denis93c 21:07 28 Apr 04

i just got a nokia 3410 today,it is on the vodafone network,on something called the smartstep tarrif.
there is only three and a half pence in it,when i phone up vodafone to register it,a recorded message tells me i have not enough credit to register.

stalion 21:11 28 Apr 04

a pc answer Regards

Falkyrn 21:12 28 Apr 04

Off peak call cost per min (Eve- W/end)
25p
5p

It would appear that vodaphone are wanting more money from you

mammak 21:15 28 Apr 04

denis93c look in your phone manual there should
be a phone number so as you can register via a
landline' Regards Mammak.

mammak 21:18 28 Apr 04

PS. Or go to www,vodaphone.co.uk
an register online. Regards

mammak 21:19 28 Apr 04

sorry that should be
click here

denis93c 21:42 28 Apr 04

tried the website,could not find where to register my phone

MGZR 21:54 28 Apr 04

On main vodafone page click here click the drop down menu on left and click register PAYT phone. On the next page on the left where is says Price Plans and Insurance - hit the PAYT link. Scroll to 'Getting Started section and hit 'Register my phone' link.

~ You need to register as a vodafone site user first though.

Djohn 22:15 28 Apr 04

Before you can use your phone you will need to top up with some credit. There are several ways of doing this, some using the phone itself as the call is free.

The best way for you at the moment is to pop into your local newsagent or convenience shop and buy a "Top-up" card for £5.00. read the instructions on the card how to top up your phone. There will also be a help number on the card to phone if your having problems. j.

rins36 22:27 28 Apr 04

if its a brand new phone then they have £1.00 credit on them & come with a swipe card that you register over the phone with vodaphone then take it to the local newsagent, supermarket etc, they swipe the card u hand over the money & ur credited within 30mins

mammak 22:33 28 Apr 04

denis93c hi follow as MGZR says online' takes a click or two but you get there'
or as Djohn says top up your mobile for as little as £5' from a number of outlets' Regards Mammak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5