not a pc question

denis93c 13:58 08 Mar 04

my girlfriend downloaded a wallper for her nokia mobile,cost £1.50 thats ok
but the company click here keeps sending her adverts for more,every time they send her an advert it costs her £1.50.
i checked thier website for help,but surprise none is given.
any body know how to stop these texts coming in?
ps. SORRY EDITOR IN ADVANCE FOR POSTING A NON RELATED PC QUESTION.

johnnyrocker 14:01 08 Mar 04

un install or de register?

johnny.

denis93c 14:14 08 Mar 04

how do i de-register please,i did not sign up on the website,we just texted thier number and downloaded the wallpaper to the phone

Jester2K 14:15 08 Mar 04

Check the messages for an option to unregister.

keith-236785 14:15 08 Mar 04

do as johnnyrocker says, and next time read the small print,,,,, in the newspapers on these adverts, if you look closely you will see that there is a WEEKLY FEE OF £1.50 or maybe even more, it is possible that if these texts are coming weekly then that is what has happened, she has overlooked this and thought it was a one off payment of £1.50 for the wallpaper.

she will have to phone the company and ask for it to be stopped (not sure how to go about that, might have to go back to where she saw the original advert). failing that, contact your network supplier and explain what has happened (though as they are making money out of this, dont expect a speedy resolve), they might be able to stop it happening. if it is a pay as you go phone then let the credit run out, buy a new sim card and dont make the same mistake again.

good luck with this, could you let us know how you get on (FOR OTHERS BENEFIT)....

anon1 14:16 08 Mar 04

Its a well known scam I am afraid the quickest way to stop it would be to contact your service provider and have them block it and any other unsolicited messages

keith-236785 14:20 08 Mar 04

This was found on their web site

Unsubscribe for your package by sending "stoppoly" (polyphonic ringtones). Do not resend your order if you do not receive the product. Please contact customer care at 0870 121 7397.

this was for errors whilst trying to get the ringtone, but at least there is a number for her to call.

keith-236785 14:21 08 Mar 04

Unsubscribe for your package by sending "stopwalltop" (top wallpapers), "stopwallceleb" (celeb wallpapers), "stopwallperson" (personality wallpapers), "stopwalllove" (love wallpapers), "stopwallcomic" (comic wallpapers), "stopwallfan" (fantasy wallpapers), "stopwallstar" (sportstar wallpapers), "stopwalltoon" (toon wallpapers) or "stopfun" (sexy wallpapers). Do not resend your order if you do not receive the product. Please contact customer care at 0870 121 7397.

hope this helps

denis93c 15:00 08 Mar 04

i telephoned 0870 121 7397 and they told me they will delete the so called "ACCOUNT"? anyway we will wait and hope we dont get any more.
if we do i will let you all know.
cheers peps.

johnnyrocker 19:08 08 Mar 04

a tick of clearance would be good.

johnnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…