Not networking pcs

gwendolyn 11:56 03 Jan 03
  gwendolyn 11:56 03 Jan 03

Is it possible to transfer information from one pc to another which have same operating systems but different specs, if pcs are not networked together? I need a quick and simple way to transfer data but do not want to use network cards, hubs, etc. One pc is a desktop pc and other is a laptop - is there just a cable one can use to do this?

Mac & Beth 12:03 03 Jan 03

USB Cross Over Cable if both have a USB port.

vinnyT 12:06 03 Jan 03

Laplink software springs to mind, but I have not used it, so someone else may have a better solution.

This link takes you to the laplink gold 11 classic webpage, it appears to do what you want.

click here

Mac & Beth 12:07 03 Jan 03
  recap 12:12 03 Jan 03

As vinnyT says LapLink, its just the thing for your purpose.

johnem 14:29 03 Jan 03

gwendolyn, you could use direct cable connection if you acquire a datalink type of parallel cable, ie crossover not a printer cable. Then set up one computer as a host and transfer files. You may be able to do the same using the crossover USB cable, have not tried that yet.

vinnyT 14:47 03 Jan 03

gwendolyn, I have found an old disk(PCW feb 2001) with a fuul version of laplink professional (even got the serial number, wow) on it, if you would like me to send it to you, send me an email with your address (if you don't like giving out your address, maybe workplace, etc.) and it's yours (I'll never use it, famous last words). All you would need to provide then would be the cable.

I'm knocking off now, but will check my emails overnight.

azxcf 02:03 04 Jan 03

you could use a usb or parralell cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…