NOT networking!

BELSOX 16:33 18 Aug 06

On start-up (XP)I have the NETWORKING symbol in the 'tray'. I do NOT have a network. How can I clear it from the start-up as I get warnings every 1/2 hour or so that my network is disconnected?

ade.h 16:58 18 Aug 06

If you're not using the connection, disable it in Network Connections. Problem solved at source.

ade.h 15:35 19 Aug 06

Did that help?

FelixTCat 17:42 19 Aug 06

BELSOX,

Go to Network Connections, right-click on the connection icons and click Properties. There re 2 boxes at the bottom of the Properties window - untick the Notify me... box. If you don't need the icon, untick both boxes.

Regards,

Felix

ade.h 17:49 19 Aug 06

Although it is supposed to, that will not always remove the icon or balloon tip in some systems. It doesn't for my laptop, for example, so the connection is left disabled.

BELSOX 19:46 19 Aug 06

Thanks ADE.H and Felix. I think I'm getting there. I did it once but it wouldn't recognize my AOL so I used ROXIO GO_BACK and did what seemed to be exactly the same and now it appears to work. Thanks for your help.
BELSOX+

ade.h 20:20 19 Aug 06

AOL is a special case where the LAC adapter is concerned. I'm not certain exactly why that is so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…