Not a major problem, but would be nice to know why

pj123 15:32 05 Jan 05

I still can't select "View your postings" when first logging in to the Forum. I always have to go to the Helproom first then select a thread and having read it click Back and then scroll all the way down to the bottom and select My Postings from the drop down menu.

I don't seem to be able to use the links at the top except for Helproom.

As I said, not a major problem but why?

Win 98SE, IE/OE 6, NTL Broadband.

Technotiger 15:37 05 Jan 05

Hi, dunno reason, but I had similar today - is ok now though.

Stuartli 18:04 05 Jan 05

Can you make the link via the top of the page?

I've always opened HelpRoom first and then right clicked on My Postings and opened it in a new windows in IE (now new tab in Firefox).

Djohn 18:09 05 Jan 05

Try this method. I use it to take me straight to the helproom, not sure if it will work for my postings but worth a try.

Log in as normal then go to your "My Postings" Copy the address from the address bar and save in your favourites pane of IE. Come out of the forum [No need to log out] just go to another site then click on the new link to bring you back to PCA.

This should take you to the log-in page that already has your details typed in, just click on, "Log-in" and it should then take you to your postings as the first port of call. Like I say, it may not work but definitely does for the helproom cutting out the first page of selecting a forum to enter.

Technotiger 18:17 05 Jan 05

Me again, I have just tried Djohn's suggestion - worked ok. Cheers.

pj123 12:31 06 Jan 05

Stuartli, only after opening a Helproom thread first.

Thanks John. Yes that does get me straight in to My Postings (seems to bypass the Login Page as well). Probably won't work when I clear all my cookies though.

Still don't see why it doesn't work in the normal way though. Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…