Not Just Another Kazaa Discussion

Confab 19:25 15 Sep 03

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I don't really want to start yet anoth kazaa discussion but click here

You've just got to read this.

Confab

BarryKeith 20:39 15 Sep 03

Read on down the page, the complaint appears to be invalid as it is not specific as to what copyright has been infringed.

Confab 21:03 15 Sep 03

It may well be invalid but it seems to be enough for Google to post this notice on a search that I did

"In response to a complaint we received under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 3 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint for these removed results".

Anyway it does seem that Kazaa doesn't like its software being copied or should I say altered/de-spywared (if there is such a word) and redistributed.

Confab

Confab 21:03 15 Sep 03

I suppose this is not really a helproom topic so I'll mark as resolved.

Confab

VoG II 21:26 15 Sep 03

On another forum (several months ago) I was asked to edit a post to remove a link to KaZaaLite because the site owner was worried about litigation from KaZaa.

We live in a strange, strange world!

powerless 21:29 15 Sep 03

Yeah we do.

jz 21:50 15 Sep 03

Funnily enough, one of the offending websites (the Kazaa Gold one) is one of the advertisers on the right-hand side of the above mentioned Google search page.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:02 15 Sep 03

Anyone see the irony in all of this?

G

powerless 22:04 15 Sep 03

" Anyone see the irony in all of this? "

Does anyone care?

VoG II 22:09 15 Sep 03

Yes, exactly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…