Not getting full size page when clicking on links

terryp96 15:51 29 Jan 05

HI, when I click on links on Internet pages I don't get a full page coming up, instead I get the page reduced to a 1" square and I have to click on full size to correct, any ideas?
Thanks
I am running ME

VoG II 15:57 29 Jan 05

Close all IE windows except the small one.

Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximise button).

Close the window using File/Close (not the X).

terryp96 16:05 29 Jan 05

HI Vog. just tried that and it still does the same, the small window comes back

terryp96 16:29 29 Jan 05

Hi again VoG just been trying things, turned Popup Stopper off and things appear to be back to normal. Is this likely to be the cause or has it worked because of your suggestion?
Thanks

terryp96 17:36 29 Jan 05

Vog I spoke too soon the problem remains, anything else you can think of.
thanks

VoG II 17:39 29 Jan 05

click here and scroll down a bit for a registry fix.

Pidder 18:28 29 Jan 05

VoG knows better than me but... can't one use Ctrl plus the X to close a window retaining its size setting?

toni b 18:40 29 Jan 05

Try a small programme called iemaximizer click here

terryp96 22:19 29 Jan 05

Thanks to you all for your info.
One question for Vog, could I cock anything up with your suggestion, I'm not that proficient in messing with the registry, in fact I'm scared stiff.
I've just tried your method without doing the registry fix and it appears to work, thanks VoG

VoG II 22:24 29 Jan 05

It is safe enough. Remember that in ME you have System Restore if things go pear shaped - highly unlikely.

terryp96 22:46 29 Jan 05

thanks Vog, my final message didn't make it to the forum. I would just like to thank you, it appears to be solved now, I will bear the System Restore in mind if I have to delve deeper.
thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…