Not getting email

steve263000 09:35 20 Apr 05

I have not recieved any emails through my Outlook box since Sunday. I keep getting this error message
Task 'pop.ntlworld.com - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have written to NTL, but they are not exactly renouned for answering with the speed of light. Any clues? I have checked the normal links and so on. I can pick up my mail through the NTL web mail, but it is not the same at all.

Yoda Knight 10:29 20 Apr 05

Have you perhaps blocked Outlook in your firewall ?

steve263000 11:39 20 Apr 05

I do not see how, as I have not made any changes to the configuration at all.

freaky 18:28 20 Apr 05

Suggest you download the NTL Broadband Medic. This is available on their Broadband Home Page.

Once you have loaded it, then it normally switches itself on automatically in the event of an error message, it will then attempt to solve the problem. It may help with your problem.

Also check your mail POP settings are correct.

steve263000 02:42 22 Apr 05

I turned off my firewall for a few minutes after checking everything else, and down came the messages. Wierd or what? I never touch the firewall as it seems to do a good job. But if it happens again, I will know what to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…