Not exactly PC but a Laminator Micron Question!!

I have just bought a Laminator (Sigma EL 241i), on the machine it says "Pouches: 100-125 microns (4-5 mils). The lady I bought it from said it would take "heavy duty " pouches, but the pouches you can buy seem to start at 150 microns (75 microns x 2).I'm wondering whether I've made a mistake or whether the machine refers to each side of the pouch, as other machines describe their pouch size as 125 microns x 2 etc.
Any thoughts on this?
(cannot see 100 micron pouches for sale anywhere anyway so Icould be in trouble!!)
thanks for any help!

recap 16:31 08 Mar 03

Debe, I use a laminator and have used light weight and heavy duty laminates with no problems other than having to re-adjust the heat settings.

woodchip 16:40 08 Mar 03

Yes but they do not tend to come with setting now, they seam to be automatic mine GBC

imindoors 16:50 08 Mar 03

Laminating Pouches all microns can be found in "Staples" Stores.

Thanks for your replies. Staples do not sell all sized pouches (well my local one doesn't they sell 150 and 200 pouches)There are two heat settings on the laminator although neither is a cool setting. I guess I'm being naive but I was imagining the pouch would get stuck in the machine?
Recap what did the tech spec say on yours with regards to pouches? I'm going to try contacting the seller on Monday.

howard60 09:45 09 Mar 03

ie 150 microns is 2 sheets of 75 the front and the back. hope this helps. the most important thing is if your machine needs the carrier you must use it and if yours says no carrier dont use one.

recap 09:58 09 Mar 03

Sorry Debe, I have been using it for over a year now and have forgotten the specs. I use the thin grainy type of laminate and the smooth type, don't know how many microns either are, I just put them in under different heat settings. The laminator I use has a dial type heat setting.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try and return it as it clearly doesn't take "Heavy Duty" pouches and 100-125 microns is not much good if I cannot buy them! Thanks anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…