Not enough usb sockets

steve-252371 18:06 17 Dec 03

I have just bought a digital camera which i cant connect to my pc as i dont have enough usb sockets.I have 2 which are taken up by a lexmark all in one printer scanner and a motorolla cable modem.Ihave thought about buying a mini usb 4 port hub but i am unsure as to how easy these are to connect.Should this pose a problem?.I am currently running windows 98se.
Please help.

Rayuk 18:09 17 Dec 03

Why not just unplug the printer while you download your photos?
Or just buy a usb hub all you have to do is plug it into 1 of your usb sockets then use it for your printer and camera.I would advise you to get a powered hub if possible.

minter 18:11 17 Dec 03

Go out and buy a PCI adapter. They come with anything from 1 to 5 USB sockets built in.

Very easy to fit, if you have a spare PCI socket.

minter 18:14 17 Dec 03

The answer to your question about a hub is so simple to fit it is unreal.

The PCI option is easy but of course entail going inside your case, but again very easy. Any problems just ask for further details.

Personally - go for the internal adapter.

keenan 18:18 17 Dec 03

This will do what you need
click here

mikef. 18:25 17 Dec 03

If you get a hub make sure you spend the little bit extra and go for a powered hub, you can have problems with the unpowered ones if you use a power hungry appliance

Jakey boy 18:41 17 Dec 03

click here

I've dealt with this seller, a superb and RAPID service!

The Spires 19:25 17 Dec 03

Or here click here PCI USB 2.0, 4 port card £9.99 +P&P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…