Not enough memory for WMP

SB23 13:52 20 Feb 09

Windows Media Player has started reporting this morning that the computer is running low on memory, to quit other programs, and to try again.
I've tried doing as suggested but it will still not play anything. The worst thing is, there is a web help button that is displayed but when you click on it, it takes you to Microsoft, then tells you that there is no further info for this problem.
In all the years of having this pc, even with only 512mb, I have never been told this, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Steve

recap 14:23 20 Feb 09

click here it may help, please take note of any recommendations posted when attempting any of the fixes.

SB23 11:06 21 Feb 09

One thing I've just noticed is the fact that this not playing of certain files seems to be related to the fact that they seem to be AVI files, but I know that they've played in the past.

SB23 16:25 23 Feb 09

I've sorted the problem, very simply really, although if you Google you can find lots and lots of possible fixes.
In my case a download of a few codecs seemed to have worked. The files are now recognised as AVI files and will play. Mind you, I still don't know why WMP stopped playing them. Oh well, computers eh?.

Thanks recap,

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…