Not enough memory to run this programme

Llyffant 22:53 21 Jun 05

Using Windows ME, I've started getting the following mesage, for example, when I have Outlook Express open and then try to open anything more than one Internet Explorer window.
"There is not enough memory to run this programme. Quit one or more programs and try again." Sometimes I only have one porgramme open and can open nothing else - but keep getting this message.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Totally-braindead 00:24 22 Jun 05

You don't mention how much memory you have. I presume that it used to display more than one internet explorer page at a time before and just doesn't do so now. Presuming you've had the PC for a while check to see what other programs are working and disable the ones you don't need as it may be them that are using all your memory. Alternatively if you don't actually have that much memory anyway it may be easier to buy another slab of memory. If you do decide to buy more memory then download Belarc to tell you what motherboard you have and then go to Crucial the memory company and buy from them as they guarantee their memory will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…