NOT ENOUGH MEMORY 384MB WITH WIN98SE - HELP?

SANAP 16:36 06 Nov 03

Just got BB and of course I am experimenting with different browers, downloading all those applications I promised myself, BUT now I find I am getting the dreaded message "Not enough system resources etc " I did a search on here and found this applies to more than 512mb and that the sys.inii file can be tweaked.

My q is can I do the same becuse when I look at the sys.inii file there is no entry under vcache!!

Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I have deleted, temp files and history but not defragged yet.

sanap

TBH1 16:38 06 Nov 03

I usually get that message when i have too many things running at any one time - - -what particular application are you running when this error appears ??

SANAP 16:50 06 Nov 03

Usually a browser with quite a few pages open, and outlook but I still get the mesaage even when I do not have a lot open. Altough I have been experimenting with a few browsers recently. I am currently using avant. Normally ie6 but a bit bored with that.

sanap

Rtus 16:54 06 Nov 03

look to your Msconfig settings to minimise start-up programs..The leaner the better ,But also consider missmatching of memory can also cause this..384MB hows it made up ???

Rtus 16:56 06 Nov 03

click here
for start-up list

SANAP 17:03 06 Nov 03

mem is 3 x 128 = 384. I have got this problem in the past but it always disappeared!! thanks for tip on start up, will have a good look.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…