NOT ENOUGH MEMORY 384MB WITH WIN98SE - HELP?

SANAP 16:36 06 Nov 03

Just got BB and of course I am experimenting with different browers, downloading all those applications I promised myself, BUT now I find I am getting the dreaded message "Not enough system resources etc " I did a search on here and found this applies to more than 512mb and that the sys.inii file can be tweaked.

My q is can I do the same becuse when I look at the sys.inii file there is no entry under vcache!!

Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I have deleted, temp files and history but not defragged yet.

sanap

TBH1 16:38 06 Nov 03

I usually get that message when i have too many things running at any one time - - -what particular application are you running when this error appears ??

SANAP 16:50 06 Nov 03

Usually a browser with quite a few pages open, and outlook but I still get the mesaage even when I do not have a lot open. Altough I have been experimenting with a few browsers recently. I am currently using avant. Normally ie6 but a bit bored with that.

sanap

Rtus 16:54 06 Nov 03

look to your Msconfig settings to minimise start-up programs..The leaner the better ,But also consider missmatching of memory can also cause this..384MB hows it made up ???

Rtus 16:56 06 Nov 03

click here
for start-up list

SANAP 17:03 06 Nov 03

mem is 3 x 128 = 384. I have got this problem in the past but it always disappeared!! thanks for tip on start up, will have a good look.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5