Not downloading, but something is????

woodchip 19:03 09 Jul 03

As any body had any probs lately, with dial-up download icons working when I am not Downloading anything. I have switched modem of on several occasions to stop it as the stop button does not stop it in Free Opera. The only thing I can think of is Add's from Opera changing, or Add's from PCA. I have Free ZoneAlarm and AV.

woodchip 19:23 09 Jul 03

up

Valvegrid 19:27 09 Jul 03

I don't think it's Opera, because I'm using it and the ZA traffic meter is showing nothing at all until I change pages or I do some other activity. So obviously something else, strange. Have restricted some of the permissions to ask to see what it is?

Paul.

Valvegrid 19:27 09 Jul 03

Sorry, ment to say; Have you

woodchip 19:32 09 Jul 03

I am on the Free Opera so Add's will change on occasions but it's been this last two day's that I have had to switch modem off. I have set restrictions in Opera as much as I think I can. I thought it could have been the video clip at the log on but it's doing in even after logging in. It?s not doing it all the time but it as been more frequent last couple of days

Valvegrid 19:35 09 Jul 03

Sorry, my fault, I didn't explain myself clearly. I meant to say set the permissions in ZA to ask for access to internet and see what's calling for access.

Still doesn't read very good English does it? But I think you'll get the gist.

Paul.

woodchip 19:41 09 Jul 03

I have got very little allowed in ZonAlarm, but I have set it to not keep popping up windows alerts. When I switch modem of and then reconnect I do not have the problem for a while

Valvegrid 19:46 09 Jul 03

Just a thought, you say the last few days, I wonder if its anything to do with this music and news thing that people have been complaining about. Because neither of us can hear it because we are on Opera, doesn't mean it's not there, it's just being blocked by our browser. Does it happen on other sites?

What do you think? It seems to coincide.

Paul.

woodchip 19:51 09 Jul 03

I was thinking on the same lines, that's why I said add's. Pobably in the background, but I don't like to see the icons working when I have pressed stop button

The Idle one 19:54 09 Jul 03

I am using bband & also zalarm shows traffic.
I am not getting the music / weather but za shows blocking web bugs & ads. so u could b right

Valvegrid 19:58 09 Jul 03

I can understand that! I have noticed when loading this site it tends to run longer than usual, but I'm on broadband, so it's not that significant, if you're on dialup the loading would be more noticeable. I think it's that music thingy, trouble is I've never head it.

Take care, speak to you later.

R

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…