Not displaying attachments within the text!

Daibus 08:55 29 Jan 04

In these times when virus's abound, how can you prevent an attachment being shown within the text of an e-mail, even though the attachment has not been clicked on?

Cheers.

Lozzy 09:05 29 Jan 04

In OE Tools then Internet Options then security and make sure theres a tick in the box "Do not allow attachments to be opened or viewed."

Daibus 21:20 29 Jan 04

Bump

VoG II 21:25 29 Jan 04

View/Layout, untick Preview Pane - is that what you mean?

Eastender 22:04 29 Jan 04

If you mean an image attachment, then you can't.

Eastender 22:12 29 Jan 04

Sorry if my last was a bit abrupt, wasn't meant to be. If it is images you mean then the only way I know is for the sender to Zip the file. BOL

Daibus 10:26 30 Jan 04

VoG

No what I really mean, is that when you actually open an e-mail which has got an attachment, before you even click on the icon to open it, it has already been displayed in the e-mail after the text. My preview pane has been disabled.

The reason I'm a bit concerned is because the attachment HAS been opened automatically, and there is a possibility it could contain a virus.

Many thanks for yur help.

dth 10:48 30 Jan 04

If you are using Outlook Express - select options / tools / read - then put a tick against 'read all emails in plain text'.

This stops any code within an email from running.

stlucia 13:31 30 Jan 04

What software are you using to receive/read your email? I have never known Outlook (or AOL, which I also use) to open an attachment without me actually clicking on it.

Daibus 23:34 30 Jan 04

stlucia

I am usung Outlook Express, and some other people I have spoken to have noticed the same thing happening.

Daibus 18:03 31 Jan 04

dth

After going into tools/options/read in Outlook Express where is the "read all e-mails in plain text" icon to click.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant