Not detect the new Hdd on Notebook Toshiba...

Cuparencuv 06:30 23 Nov 08

The old Hdd is crashed. I have buy a new Hdd ( identically with the original ). I I have replaced. The problen is that in BIOS apperas the following option which can not be modified : Hard Disk Mode = Not Used. Also if I put the old Hdd again it will be detected.
When I replaced the Hdd I have get out the batery, also the power cord and waiting for 45-60 minutes, maybe the Bios is will be resetted, but nothing happend. Also I have look if I have near the battery conector some jupers for reset the Bios but there is nothing like this.
Please help me! What I have to do to detect the new Hdd ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:08 23 Nov 08

The drive should be detected automatically,

"I have buy a new Hdd ( identically with the original )"

Is the drive the same make and size (Mb)? if you have fitted a larger size drive the old BIOS may not recognise it,

Belatucadrus 11:44 23 Nov 08

have you checked the jumpers on the back of your new drive are in the same configuration as the original ?

T0SH 12:09 23 Nov 08

Given that as you say the BIOS screen displays one drive as present and the replacement as not, this would indicate that the BIOS is set to autodetect hard drives,so the most likely cause is the that the replacement drive is faulty which prompts the following question

Is this identical replacement drive a new or previously used item ?

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…